Climate Leaders Forum, Melbourne
Date & Time : Wednesday, 26 September 2018 | 5:30-7:30 PM
Location :The Hall’ at NAB, 700 Bourke Street, Docklands, VIC 3008
South Pole Australia extends an open invitation to all who are passionate about climate change, energy and sustainability to join us for an evening to mingle with like-minded peers and listen to industry professionals share and explore their challenges and ideas. Guests can expect a casual evening of light refreshments, snacks and networking guided by the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Focus SDGs at the inaugural Melbourne Climate Leaders Forum will be SDG 13: Climate Action and SDG 17: Partnerships for the Goals. Registration is free, but please RSVP to secure your place on the evening.
The September Melbourne Climate Leaders Forum panel will feature the following speakers:
- Brad Kerin, General Manager & Company Secretary, Carbon Market Institute, presenting the challenge: Where the world is heading – Global Climate Action Summit ex-California.
- Alison Read, Manager, Environment & Sustainability, NAB, presenting the challenge: Renewable energy production on a diverse portfolio of leased-property.
- Bobby Karanfilov, CEO, SimplyGreen Salary Packaging, presenting the challenge: Leveraging finance packages for climate action.
- Marnie Lassen, Strategic Projects Manager, Trust For Nature, presenting the challenge: Protecting biodiversity and carbon at the same time.
- Kris Fumberger, Sustainability Manager, RightShip, presenting the challenge: Accelerating climate/environmental action in an ‘old school’ industry.
- Dr Vanessa Rauland, Managing Director at Climate Clever, Research Fellow at Curtin University, presenting the challenge: How can climate action in schools change communities?
South Pole will provide light snacks and refreshments during the Forum. Did you know that more than 66 gigatons of CO2e could be mitigated by 2050 if just half the world’s populations shifted to a plant-rich diet? To make the Climate Leaders Forum as sustainable as possible, the menu offered will be vegetarian. Please note that there may be traces of nuts, gluten and egg on the menu.