Date & Time: Thursday, 24 October 2019 | 4:00–6:30pm
Location: McCullough Robertson, Level 11/66 Eagle Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
Climate Leaders Forum, Brisbane
South Pole Australia extends an open invitation to all who are passionate about climate change, energy and sustainability to join us for an evening to mingle with like-minded peers and listen to industry professionals share and explore their challenges and ideas on the topic:
Net Zero 2030 – Mitigation and Adaptation
What changes are required to achieve this ambitious goal? How can industry, finance and government change and refine their approach to drive deep decarbonisation and meet the goals of the Paris Agreement? Join us to find out more with challenges from our exciting guest speaker line up.
Guests can expect a casual evening of light refreshments, snacks and networking guided by the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Focus SDGs for the evening will be, SDG 13: Climate Action and SDG 17: Partnerships for the Goals.
- Renat Heuberger, CEO & Co-founder, South Pole
- Sarah Parrott, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Suncorp
- Doug McNicholl, Manager – Supply Chain Sustainability Innovation, Meat & Livestock Australia
- Georgine Roodenrys, Executive Director, Climate Change and Sustainable Futures, Queensland Department of Environment and Science
- Dr Thomas Schröder, Head of Climate Action, South Pole
Did you know that more than 66 gigatons of CO2e could be mitigated by 2050 if just half the world’s populations shifted to a plant-rich diet? South Pole will provide light snacks and refreshments during the Forum, but to make the event more sustainable, the menu offered will be vegetarian. Please note that there may be traces of nuts, gluten and egg on the menu.